The results of the first project training 10-14 May 2017
The 1st training of the project „Good Governance in Local Communities: V4 Experience of Strategic Planning for EaP Countries” was conducted during 10-14 May, 2017. The project is implemented by NGO “Euroregion “Dniester” with the support of the International Visegrad Fund and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
28 representatives of 10 territorial communities from Ukraine and 8 representatives of 4 territorial communities from Moldova have participated in the 1st training. Each community is represented by 1 member from the local self-government and 1 public representative. Participants have completed 5-day training course on strategic planning and management of territorial communities, which comprises the following topics:
1. Theoretical aspects of strategic planning for development of territorial communities. Legal basis for strategic planning in Ukraine. The trainer is the project expert from Ukraine Olha Bezpalko.
2. Diagnosis of the community situation is the informational support for strategic planning. Legal basis for strategic planning in Moldova. The trainer is the project expert from Republic of Moldova Nicolai Moscalu.
3. Community development strategy and public participation mechanisms. Strategy as an instrument for receiving additional resources. The trainer is the project expert from Ukraine Andrii Kavunets.
4. SWOT-analysis: theory and practice. The project expert from Republic of Poland is Radoslav Shelageya.
5. Presentation “Development strategy “Vinnytsia 2020”. This project was presented by Alina Diachenko, the director of Public Utility “City Development Institute”
The structure of each above mentioned training is based on a theoretical part and practical tasks.
Irena Krasnicka, the representative of the International Visegrad Fund, also joined the training for monitoring of the project implementation.
Ms. Irena's visit was an excellent opportunity for participants to discuss available programs, priorities and conditions of the donor organization with the official representative of the Fond.
Upon completion of the training course the participants were granted certificates confirming their participation in study trainings.
At the next project stage participants will have 1 month to elaborate diagnoses of the community situation and SWOT-analysis of strengths and weaknesses in their territorial communities. Participants from Ukraine and Moldova will present their works to the project experts during 2-day workshop in Vinnytsia (UA) and 1-day workshop in Soroca (MD), which are planned to be conducted from 19 to 21 of June. In return, the project experts will select on a competitive basis14 out of 28 pilot communities, so that their representatives continue participating in the project. The main selection criteria are the level of learned material and the quality of prepared diagnoses and SWOT-analysis.