The second project stage “Preparation and Conducting of 2 Trainings in Vinnytsia” is completed
Two training courses have already been implemented under the project „Good Governance in Local Communities: V4 Experience of Strategic Planning for EaP Countries”.
Trainings were conducted for two groups of participants at the country complex "Butterfly" not far from Vinnytsia during May 10-14 and May 15-19, 2017. In general there were 40 representatives of 20 territorial communities from Ukraine and16 representatives of 8 territorial communities from Moldova among training participants. Each community was represented by 1 member from the local self-government and 1 public representative.
Strategic planning for community development and governance became a common topic of the trainings.
The training program was divided up into 5 following trainings:
1. Theoretical aspects of strategic planning for development of territorial communities. Legal basis for strategic planning in Ukraine.
2. Diagnosis of the situation in community is the informational basis for strategic planning. Legal basis for strategic planning in Moldova.
3. Community development strategy and public participation mechanisms. Strategy as an instrument for receiving additional resources.
4. SWOT-analysis: theory and practice.
5. Presentation “Development strategies “Vinnytsia 2020”.
The project experts were Andrii Kavunets (UA), Olha Bespalko (UA), Nicolai Moscalu (PL) and Radoslav Shelageya (MD).
The study trainings resulted in a task for participants to elaborate both diagnosis of the situations and SWOT-analysis of strengths and weaknesses in the development of their territorial communities. Participants will have to complete this task within two months up to June 17, 2017. Additionally they may consult with the project experts during this time.
Participants will present their materials on diagnosis of the situations and SWOT-analysis to the project experts during workshops that are planned for July 27-29, 2017. The project provides 2-day workshop in Vinnytsia for 40 representatives of 20 Ukrainian communities and 1-day workshop for 16 representatives of 8 Moldovan communities.
The experts will evaluate achievements and select 14 pilot communities on a competitive basis to advance to the next project stage.
We wish participants strength and an endless source of inspiration for preparing diagnosis and SWOT-analysis!
Follow the latest news of the project at our website.